Sometimes you just need a little something extra to complete your perfect look. Small embellishments and accessories can take your ensemble up a notch or two to create a one-of-a-kind appeal. The right earrings, a scarf, a belt, even your signature perfume can all do so much to personalize and add your special touch to any type of clothing.
Whether you’re donning the height of couture fashion, or throwing on your favorite yoga pants to meet your crew for lunch, you can own your look when you bling your feet with do-it-yourself (DIY) crystal shoes embellished with Crystals from Swarovski. For your wedding day, that special event, a shipboard stroll, or “just because” Swarovski crystals for your shoes can make you look-and feel-your fashionable best.
Why pay a four-figure price tag for gorgeous Swarovski embellished shoes when you can recreate the look yourself? You can even come up with a one-of-a-kind design to take you through your fairytale day for much less. Say “I Do” to blinging your bridal booties, heels, or some funky Chucks. Your personalized footwear will impress your guests and provide a unique “something more” for your most special of days.
For traditional brides Swarovski crystals come in a variety of dazzling styles. Classic cuts, rimmed stones and super-dazzlers offer ideal traditional wedding embellishments. Create your own art-deco, dramatic, or specially themed look for your shoes. Swarovski crystals endless possibilities ensure perfection from head to toe.
Red-Carpet Dazzle for Evening
For that special evening out you’ll be “red-carpet ready” when you invite Swarovski along. Use the crystals to go with your evening wear ensemble. The elegance of Swarovski crystals is legendary and you can create your own legendary moment by embellishing all of your evening accessories with Swarovski crystals.
Your shoes will dazzle as they sparkle on the dance floor, or anywhere you so-elegantly stroll.
Don’t forget your clutch or evening bag when adding a bit of crystals to go. Swarovski’s newly upgraded crystal mesh makes it easy to bling your evening bag as well as your footwear in Swarovski’s finest.
Swarovski Crystals to Go With Casual Wear
“Casual” doesn’t mean “ordinary”. Your favorite flats, tennies, sandals, even flip-flops will be anything but ordinary when you take the time to add a special touch of bling to your go-to casuals. If you’re new to blinging your kicks the trick here is to pick an area and go with the smaller sparklers to start. You don’t need to overwhelm yourself-or your shoes-with too much.
If you prefer to make a bigger, bolder statement, the sky’s the limit with Swarovski crystals for your shoes. Swarovski makes crystals to go with any number of themes. From simple sophistication to full-on glam glitter. The best thing about upping your image with Swarovski crystals for your shoes is you’re in control.
Fun Time Footwear With Swarovski Crystals for Your Shoes
Boost the appeal of your ballet flats with some delicate dazzling or get your artist on. You can use the upgraded crystal mesh or add some dainty butterflies, crescents, bows, or any of the many shapes Swarovski offers for a whimsical flair. Trendy skulls are also a fun way to jazz up your joggers. Flowers, stars, a sea star and a jelly fish, in deep blue, emerald green, vivid yellow, or hot pink will ensure your vacation holiday shoes are ready for action.
A How-To Overview
Copy your favorite over-the-top wedding, evening, or everyday shoe style with Swarovski crystals for your shoes. It’s easier than you think. Use this guide to add dazzle to your walk down the aisle, or anytime you want to add some bling with crystals to go on your shoes.
With a slow and steady hand you can take your wedding shoes – or any shoes you choose – to next-level stunning with Swarovski crystals.
- Pair of shoes
- Gem-specific adhesive
- Swarovski crystals of your choice (we recommend flat backs no hot-fix and fancy stones and settings)
- Tray for organizing crystals
- Tool for picking and pressing crystals onto shoe
- Wipe off the area of the shoe you plan to bling with your Swarovski crystals to go.
- If you’re following a stencil, or specific design, work line-by-line for uniformity. If you prefer the appearance of randomly placed crystals, or all over on, say, the heel of your wedges, back of your stilettos, or toe of your shoe, work in a small area.
- Apply a thin layer of the glue. The adhesive sets fast so keep it to about 1/2 inch section at a time.
- Using your tweezers, pick up a crystal and place it on the shoe. In an effort to avoid getting glue on your tweezers (clean them off immediately if you do) you’ll need to quickly “drop” the stone where you want it. Then use your craft stick to press it into the shoe. Work slowly and use the craft stick to keep your crystals uniformly spaced (depending on the design).
- Use a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol to clean up any glue residue that shows up on your stones. Be extremely careful not to saturate the area (you could dislodge the setting stones) or damage your shoes.
Tip: Always practice your pattern on a separate piece of fabric. Get the hang of it before you begin working on the actual shoes you want to upgrade. You may even want to try your idea out on a pair of inexpensive shoes before you bling your bridal-or any-shoes.
There are so many options available in Swarovski crystals for your shoes. Best of all, there are no rules. You can even bling out that iconic “swoop” on your favorite athletic shoes.
On the fence about blinging your shoes? Just do it!